Write a new post in response to today’s one-word prompt. Not sure how to participate? Here are the steps to get started.
10 ways to make an outdoor concert suck! Do not, I repeat do not drink any water. Especially if the temperature is over 80 degrees. Sure you will probably start vomiting, maybe you’ll even get a horrible headache to go along with it. One thing is for sure, you will have a bad time. Forget to […]
Dying to see all the plays you can at the 2016 OSF? Here is how you can make it affordable on a budget!
Winter has passed and this weekend marks the time many people make their first camping trip. What about the non-campers? Or people who don’t mind nature, but don’t really feel the need to sleep under the stars and wake up with bugs in their sleeping bags? Or maybe you just can’t get away for a camping trip. There are probably more reasons why people cannot go commune with nature than people actually doing it.
For all of those who would like to get out and have some fresh air, but are unable to make a big commitment like camping there are many simple alternatives.
1. Go to the park for the day. Not all park goers, go to the park for the same reasons but they go! So go for a bike, walk, sit, read, play, run, duck feeding adventure!
2. Get really rugged and go hiking. Brave the real splendor of the forest and all of its majesty by taking a hike. Where are hiking trails around me? You might ask. There’s an app for that. All Trails will happily tell you where you can get your hike on. Just imagine all those free splendid vistas waiting for your viewing pleasure!
3. Sit on your porch, or in your lawn and get a little sun. Let’s face it you could use a sun kissed glow by now. Take your favorite reads with you and enjoy the rays. Heck, while you’re at it why not have a BBQ and enjoy the company of your finest friends and family?
4. Go geocaching. Now this will solve dilemmas for those who get bored easily and want a more hands on experience. Or people who are pirates. Go do a little treasure hunting and have a blast! This plan will work in rain or shine and in the real or concrete jungle. Get the app c:geo and let the fun begin!!
5. Go to the water! Spend some time on the beach, on the shoreline, on the water, or if it is warm enough yet, In the water. Rent a float, paddle boat, or a real boat, or one of those things where you stand and paddle yourself around. I could look up the appropriate term, but so can you! Then you are already half way done figuring out how and where to go and rent it! Good work!
If you have kids good news, these are things they will also enjoy (some more than others) results may vary.
Enjoy a random song about going outside. *note I did not listen to the song and have never heard it….I probably should have but I didn’t so if it sucks I apologize, if it rules then I don’t.
Angelic Marie Bowman